The Resistance To-Do List: November
We're publishing this month's to-do list early because, while the Resistance might not rest for Thanksgiving, the interns who answer Congress's phone calls do. Here's what you can do right now:
- Paul Ryan is rigging a phone poll on the ACA (Obamacare), trying to get support for his plan to dismantle it. Let's de-rig the data.
- Call (202) 225-0600, wait through a long silence (it's bizarre, but don't hang up), and press 2 to take the poll when prompted. You'll then listen to a spiel about Ryan's proposal and be asked to indicate whether you support keeping the ACA or repealing it. Press 1 to give Obamacare some love!
- This requires no social interaction and can be done any time of day or night.
- Elijah Cummings of the House Oversight Committee is trying to gather support for an investigation into Trump's foreign ties and conflicts of interest.
- Call the committee chair at (202) 225-5074 and the ranking member at (202) 225-5051 to demand that an investigation go forward.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline must be stopped, and President Obama can stop it.
- Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 and demand that the president revoke the pipeline permits.
- Call the North Dakota National Guard and Morton County Sheriff's Office to demand that they stand down on Hwy 1806. The numbers: (701) 328-8118; (701) 667-3330; (701) 333-2000
- We cannot move on from Steve Bannon, and we need to begin the pressure on the Senate to vote down Jeff Sessions's nomination.
- Call your senators to demand that they condemn Steve Bannon's appointment and pledge to vote against Jeff Sessions's.
- Call your (Republican) representatives to demand that they speak out against Steve Bannon.
- As always, call both the D.C. and district offices. If you need help finding your reps' information, start here.
What other action are you taking? Drop us a line in the comments.